Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We had a hurricane and lost our electric. When we got our

Customer Question

We had a hurricane and lost our electric. When we got our electric back our jenn air double oven won't work
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is model jj8630DDB
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible it also says maytag appliance
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: To me it looks like no electric is getting to the oven checked the circuit breakers and they are all on
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 days ago.

Sorry about the delay I was looking over your wiring schematic to see exactly what can cut power to the entire double oven and display and the only thing that would cut the display out is either the display board itself being shorted or the oven not getting proper power. You'd need to confirm the oven is getting 220 volts from your house and if that checks good, I'm sorry to say that your display control board (which is the mother board for this oven) has just shorted from the power outage and it would need to be replaced. Below is a link to the part. I'm very sorry for the bad news but I'm also glad you're safe after the hurricane.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?