Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

Kitchenaid architect II that wont heat over 100 deg bake or

Customer Question

kitchenaid architect II that wont heat over 100 deg bake or broil. elements get hot for about 40 seconds. then relay board cuts power. not the relay board. not the thermostats. cavity fan is running. temp probe ohms good. mod. Kess907sss00
sn. Xu2600634
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 13 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

You say that the thermostat is good ! Did you test it ?

And have you ran the diagnostics on the unit yet?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
there are three thermostats. two just behind the control panel. one is for the cavity fan i think. the other is a l1 cut off. the third is the hi temp cutoff on the back.the probe ohms 1.1ki have no documentation.

Ok For some reason Just Answers web site seems slow today ,sorry for the delay.

The probe is what I was referring to as the thermostat , so if it is reading 1,100 ohms is is good

Which mean you have a issue with the main relay control board .

And it will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

it is mounted under the cook top behind the display control /clock.

If you have any questions just let me know

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
my first post says its not the relay board. how do i know? i just put a brand new one in.not the relay board. not the thermostats, not the temp probe.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
got a schematic? how do i run diagnostics?
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 days ago.

Good info you had JUST said it was not the relay board you never said you had just replaced it!

Ok so to run a diagnostics to see if it has any hidden error codes .

To Enter Diagnostics Mode:

Before proceeding with any corrective action, perform the following steps to enter the Diagnostics mode.

1. To recall last failure code, if not displayed, press the OFF key to place the range in an idle state.

2. Press the OFF and START keys in the following order: OFF, OFF, START.

3. Verify the error code displayed on the control by observing for longer than 1 minute. If the error returns, use the applicable procedure listed below for the actual error code that is displayed.

And tell me what if any F error codes you are seeing .

You only have four components that make this unit heat . Which are the Display Control Board /Clock . the Main Relay Board /Appliance Manager , the Temp Sensor/Probe and the Heating Element.

And if the Display is still showing the set temperature when the Relay Board shuts the voltage off to the Element then it is not the Display Control Board.

If you have ohmed the Temp Senor/Probe out and get 1,100 ohms the Sensor is fine.

If the Element heats when it does get voltage , then it is not the Heating Element.

Which means it has to be internal of the Control Board!

Unless your not giving me the correct information .

So let`s run a diagnostics mode and see what error codes show up .

They can be from F0 to F6 and they will have an E number on the end ranging from E0 all the way to E5

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 9 days ago.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 days ago.