Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I was washing one(1) blanket( size), not a comforter, in my

Customer Question

Hi I was washing one(1) blanket(king size), not a comforter, in my Cabrio Top Load washer, and the UL signal came on with 13 minutes left in the cycle. I tried shifting the blanket, but cycle would not continue. It also kept pouring in water and then draining the same water, never would advance to the spin cycle.
I had used the "bulky item" setting; now I have a heavy, saturarted blanket. How can I get the machine to spin out the water from the item?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That is an unbalanced load code. If the item is too large or too heavy it may not balance and it will not spin. You can try again to shift the item around or even add something to try and balance it out, otherwise you may have to remove it completely from the unit and try another load to see if there is an issue with the machine or just that item.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!