Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE Profile Arctica. The ice maker makes ice but it

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile Arctica. The ice maker makes ice but it seems that there is water over that is spaying over the top because the ice is frozen together and I see frozen spray on the icemaker parts whats up here
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: at least 10 years Arctica
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am technically savy, I service and install large sortation systems for a living 9 million and up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

You shouldn't need any parts to fix this issue unless the icemaker is failing and filling up with too much water. Unfortunately ice will form and cause spraying out the fill tube occasionally so the best way to fix that is turn the refrigerator and freezer off and use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out. Make sure the fill tube going to the icemaker is completely thawed out and make sure the cup on the icemaker is completely thawed out as well. Than you can put everything back in and you should be good to go again. If the icemaker freezing up again, replace the icemaker because it is just calling for too much water.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm trying your suggestion today and will let you know. I have been out of town a lot lately. I will get back to you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

alright... it ha been a month and you still have not rated me so that I get credit for my time helping you.