Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Our washer MOD # MAV2755AWW shakes and moves when it gets to

Customer Question

Our washer MOD # MAV2755AWW shakes and moves when it gets to the spin cycle. What could cause this?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maytag top loader Mod MAV2755AWW about 10 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Are there springs in the washer that balances the tub?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

If the unit is vibrating or shaking too much, the first thing you want to do is check the springs to make sure one of the 6 springs didn't break. If all that checks good, the snubber pad ring which the tub suspension sits on has worn down and needs to be replaced. The part is only about $5 and below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for snubber ring

And below is a video that shows you how to remove the front panel of the washer so you can check the springs as well as replace the snubber ring if needed.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?