Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Viking Veso105 oven and I can not get the self

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Viking Veso105 oven and I can not get the self clean to work
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Veso105-ssbr. Guessing about 12-16 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on how difficult
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
red light will light when oven function knob is turned to self clean however when the oven temp knob is turned to self clean the red light will not turn on
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

The selector switch is most likely faulty, followed by the door lock assembly. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
what kind of meter....the only meter around here is my water meter ��
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

An electrical test meter. I suspect you may need to call for service at this point. To access that board for testing, it requires a fair amount of disassembly. The Viking products are built like a tank and weigh just about as much!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I appreciate your help... apparently this seems to be a popular problem among Viking's. I found instructions online on how to access the board...that would be pretty risky for me alone. I had a bacon grease fire inside the oven a few weeks ago & my whole house stinks like a pig ;) Do you know if it's ok to use regular oven cleaner until I have it serviced?
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

They make a special cleaner made for self cleaning ovens, I would use that. See the link below.

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!