Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Only had this stove about two weeks. was working fine it is

Customer Question

only had this stove about two weeks. was working fine it is a glass top model . we had the storm and the power was off for 2 days and now that it is back on the clock is the only thing that works, the oven won't heat and the top surfaces won't heat I checked and it is not in the demo mode????
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: it was off with no power for two days I can kill the circuit breaker but can not get behind it to pull any plug
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: only if it an operational problem
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no just thought maybe you could help the unit work great the we lost power in the storm and now its back on and NO heat anywhere?????
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Ok so it sounds like you have an electrical problem not a stove problem, the reason I say that is because electric ranges use 220/240 volts to run the heating elements, but the controls and electronics will run on 110/115V. One of two things is going on, either there is a wiring issue where the wiring has burned or shorted on the range that is not allowing the second leg of the voltage that makes up the other 110v to the elements or you have a breaker that went bad or the wall plug is bad. The voltage is supplied by a dual breaker on your breaker box if one breaker is bad it could still be sending 110 volts to the range and not the second leg causing your issue. The only way to know for sure is to measure the voltage at the terminal block on the range to see if it is being supplied with the proper voltage which I will take a educated guess and say its not.

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page or by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star or 5th face to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.