Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Electrolux Top Mount Refrigerator ice maker suddenly stopped

Customer Question

Electrolux Top Mount Refrigerator ice maker suddenly stopped making ice - are there troubleshooting tips or should I just replace it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 14 years old; Model # GL$T216TAW0. I have replaced the ice maker once in those 14 years. We do keep a filter on the water line going to the ice maker
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I did before, but I have become older and more limited in physical activity. If I can not I would probably get a friend to replace it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I mostly wondered if there was anything to check that might be a simple fix short of replacing the ice maker
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. When was the last time you have replaced the water filter? It sounds like that may be the cause of your problem if its been a while put a new one in and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It had been awhile since I replaced the filter. I did so yesterday afternoon, but no ice or activity overnight. We do not hear any of the normal sounds of ice maker activity.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

It is a possibility the auger motor has went out. It will need to be tested for continuity