Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My GE Electric Oven won't turn on. The display screen won't

Customer Question

My GE Electric Oven won't turn on. The display screen won't work either But the burns work.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I would guess maybe 6 or 8 years old the model number on the Oven is JBP64WOK1WW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The oven light had gone out. I unplugged the oven because the original bulb had broken inside the socket. I then replaced the light,plugged it back in and then heard a pop. That is when the problem started.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a meter to test voltage with? Where did the pop come from, do you know?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I heard the pop behind the light bulb area. And I tested it with good results. There is a burnt looking area on the back where the broiler element is but it tested good.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

That is normal, that is just from heat. Do you have a meter to test for voltage at the oven control?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, Not sure where to test or what the ready should be. I have been using youtube videos to see where to test.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Okay, are the burners still sparking to light?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I turn the burners on they are heating up like normal.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

OKAY, so that verifies power to the range is okay. Wiring to the oven control (pictured below) okay?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It looks ok. No areas of obvious issue
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. So the oven control was likely damaged when you heard the pop and will need to be replaced. The control for your model is below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy replacement.

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much for your help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Absolutely my pleasure, thank you!