Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Power kept flipping on and off yesterday. I did a load of

Customer Question

Power kept flipping on and off yesterday. I did a load of dishes this morning all was dine . opened dishwasher to add something and now I get this beeping sound. I tried to cancel everything but I can"t get it to do anything.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Kitchen Aid KDFE304DWHO. No haven't run diagnostic test , how do I do that?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I thought it was probably just something that needed re-set.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: At one point this morning all of the lights were flickering on the front , what does that mean?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 12 days ago.

Sounds like all the power surges you were having may have damaged the main board on the unit, try killing power to the dishwasher at the breaker for 10 minutes then restore power and see if it will reset. If you still have the same issue after that then the main board will need to be replaced on the dishwasher. I have listed the replacement part below in case you need it.

Dishwasher Electronic Control Board

Part #: W10866116 - click here

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page or by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star or 5th face to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.