Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I own a Samsung DW80F800UWS dishwasher. I recently received

Customer Question

I own a Samsung DW80F800UWS dishwasher. I recently received an OE code. The dishwasher would start to fill for about 2 minutes, then throw the code. I replaced the fill sensor and case brake assembly on the left hand side. Now it is still doing the same thing, however is throwing a 9E code. The water line is braided stainless with no kinks. The dishwasher is level. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 month ago.

hello, ive run across that error as well and had the same thing , half the time the sump is gummed up ,take the spray arm off and sump cover off..clean that whole area with a soft brush..especially that little port around the heater ,about the 5- 6 o clock position...a little hole push a zap strap in there to clear it out ,i find its usually that

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Randy. I took apart the sump machanism. You're right, it was filthy. I cleaned it out. Unfortunately it is still throwing an error. Now it's back to the OE error. I am wondering it it may be the water in valve and sensor. Any more ideas? Thanks!
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 month ago.

its usually that or the that clear sensor on the left ,but you changed that already ,its because its not sensing the water going in fast enough , did you push a strap or wire as far as it will go into that hole and clean it out ?..if those are ok it could be a plugged water valve screen

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Randy- which hole are you referring to?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 month ago.

in the sump, there is a small hole ..not the hole that goes into the drain pump but a smaller hole that comes from the brake case assembly a small tube from there to the sump ..thats why you want to push something soft thru there to clear that hose and hole completely

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I will do that tonight. Would a pipe cleaner work or would the tip by too sharp? Is there anything else in the sump mechanism that I should consider checking while I have it pulled out?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Randy, I have the sump assembly taken apart however am unable to locate the small hole you are referring to. This is what I am looking at. Any further suggestions?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Randy- I was able to run a long zip tie up hose coming from the brake assembly to the sump. It appears clean. However my error code is now reading HE. Is it possible the main board has failed causing it to throw conflicting error codes?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 month ago.

YES , Very possible all the errors have main pcb as a secondary cause , to have all 3 is strange ..if you are getting water into the machine and its not overflowing or excessively hot then the main thing that joins all 3 is the main pcb ..that HE is a extreme temp error , if the water is 120-140 deg or lower then its not sensing the water temp correctly and bringing up that error , code book says its either a main pcb or thermistor..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Randy. I think my next move is to replace the PCB. This morning I let the unit run to see what errors it would throw and it ran for 2 hours on the wash cycle before we shut it off. It never proceeded to rinse or dry nor had an error code. Just seems to be pointing more and more at the main board.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 month ago.

seems to be , it looks like you thoroughly cleaned out the sump and brake case , so nothing blocked causing that ..good luck