John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a GE Top Loading 4.2 Cubic Foot Washer and it won't

Customer Question

I have a GE Top Loading 4.2 Cubic Foot Washer and it won't drain; the water is just sitting in the tub
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Model: GTW485ASJWS

Thanks for that information give me just a few minutes to look at the model and get your answer prepared.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
hello? its been almost 10 minutes are you still there

I am going to have to opt out I am not familiar with that model and can't locate the service manual, another tech will be along to help you shortly, thanks.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
do i get my money back
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 15 days ago.

First we are going to need to try and get the water out of the unit in order to check what is going on. There is a possibility you have a clog in the drain pump or the drain hoses. If there is no clog then your problem will be your drain pump has went bad.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
there is no clog; it just stopped; it never attempted to drain; please refund my money and i will call a tech to come to my home
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 15 days ago.

Ok I will send your question in for a refund. What has happened is your drain pump has failed and will need to be replaced. Just so you know replacing a drain pump is not hard and honestly something you could do yourself and save yourself the money of an expensive tech but if you would rather not full with it I totally understand and I can have this question refunded and closed for you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i have a warranty so i will make the tech do it; please get the refund for me and have a nice day
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 15 days ago.

Well certainly do sending it now. Have a great rest of your day. Thank you for choosing just answer.