John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Something fell behind my refrigerator that was sitting on

Customer Question

Hi! Something fell behind my refrigerator that was sitting on top. My dad first jostled it around, and then proceeded to move it pretty far. Since then, it doesn't feel cool. It doesn't feel HOT but something is definitely wrong. The freezer is cold, but not enough.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It's new. It's a Whirlpool WRT316SFDM
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Perhaps. Depending on how hard / involved it is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The fridge is probably 15 degrees to warm, just to quantify it
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

So the first thing you'd want to do is pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Is the fan next to the compressor running? And do the coils below the refrigerator need to be cleaned due to too much lint build up?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I just want to clarify that it's brand new (the appliance) and this is a very new problem—just happened RIGHT after the fridge was moved by my dad because something fell behind it.