Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

The control operating the water and ice dispensers does not

Customer Question

The control operating the water and ice dispensers does not function properly in that it sometimes will not register to the proper operation selected. It is stuck on the previous operation. Can this be replaced
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maytag Model MF 12568AES. About 6 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on you I guess
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Yes it can be replaced, you will want to replace both the keypad and the main control the parts are listed below

Refrigerator Dispenser Control Board

Part #: WP12999401B - click here

Refrigerator Dispenser Control Board

Part #: WP67006294R - click here

also if you need it I have the full service manual for that model that has all the disassembly instructions for that unit if you need it I will post the offer below, thanks. Please read below:

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

********************************************************************************

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Once you accept the offer I will send you the download link for the service manual if you need it, thanks.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?