Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert

I have an lg refrigerator model # lfx25960sw. All cooling

Customer Question

I have an lg refrigerator model # lfx25960sw. All cooling stopped freezer and upper. Compressor is running all fans are working. I did the door switch trick on all 3. I pulled the cover off the evaporator and noticed frost building up at only the entry point of the evaporator. No error codes. Any ideas?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 16 days ago.

hi , if everything is running and you only have a sliver of frost on that coil,that is a sealed system leak ..the fridge is low on refrigerant, that reqs pressurizing the system and trying to find the leak,it takes speciaized equipment to check pressure,recharge and repair system ,if the fridge isnt to old there may some warranty left on the sealed system..