Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

During a storm, our power went out & came right back on a

Customer Question

During a storm, our power went out & came right back on a few days ago. The power failure alarm has been going off every since. We tried unplugging the power & plugging back in. Is there anything else we can do ourselves, other than calling a service technician?
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No, we just left it off for about a minute.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We would like to try ourselves first
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hold on
Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

How are the temperatures since the power outage? Are the lights going on and off with the opening and closing of the doors?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
everything is functioning normally, except for the beeping
Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

Okay, so that means the main control was likely damaged with the power issue. I would first leave it unplugged for at least 30 minutes to facilitate a hard reset of the electronics. If still alarming, the main board will need to be replaced. I will get you information on that, please allow me just a few minutes.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Should i go ahead and unplug?
Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 50 is the main control.

That control is mounted under the cabinet in the front. right behind the kick plate (number 72). There are two screws in the very front. When removed, the control box will pull out and unplug. The new board will simply plug in, making for an easy replacement. The board kit for your model is available below.

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!