Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

During a storm, our power went out & came right back on a

Customer Question

During a storm, our power went out & came right back on a few days ago. The power failure alarm has been going off every since. We tried unplugging the power & plugging back in. Is there anything else we can do ourselves, other than calling a service technician?
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No, we just left it off for about a minute.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We would like to try ourselves first
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hold on
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ew26SS65GS0
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

How are the temperatures since the power outage? Are the lights going on and off with the opening and closing of the doors?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
everything is functioning normally, except for the beeping
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Okay, so that means the main control was likely damaged with the power issue. I would first leave it unplugged for at least 30 minutes to facilitate a hard reset of the electronics. If still alarming, the main board will need to be replaced. I will get you information on that, please allow me just a few minutes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Should i go ahead and unplug?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 50 is the main control.

CLICK HERE

That control is mounted under the cabinet in the front. right behind the kick plate (number 72). There are two screws in the very front. When removed, the control box will pull out and unplug. The new board will simply plug in, making for an easy replacement. The board kit for your model is available below.

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!