Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Thermal fuse location in duet gas dryer? whirlpool

Customer Question

thermal fuse location in duet gas dryer?
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: whirlpool wgd9400su0 10-15 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no i have the unit disconected from gas and elec
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and prepare your answer as I may need to look up part numbers, schematics, etc;

Thank you for your patience.

its located right on top of the blower wheel / exhaust outlet housing right next to the outlet thermistor its in the slot the black arrow is pointing to in the parts diagram - click here for image

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

********************************************************************************

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dryer through f70 code. Grey wire not attached . See photo

sorry the photo did not come through try using the paper clip tool.

I can tell you the F70 code is communication error between the machine control board and the user interface, check all the wiring between the boards if everything looks good the board will need to be replaced if that error keeps coming up.