John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I read your recommendation for lowering the water level on

Customer Question

I read your recommendation for lowering the water level on my ice maker. So I took out the tray and noticed there was a small white plastic cap that covers the Phillips screw behind it. Sure enough there was a "+ and - with arrow on the face of the ice maker . So I turned it down and I'm sure it's going to fix the issue of ice cubes being bridged together. My ice maker has had a hard time dispensing and crushing ice. It acts and sounds like it's stuck so it might solve that issue to by making smaller cubes thanks
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: GE just bought it used the owner said it was five years old GSHF9NGYBCWW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yea if this doesn't fix it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Na im going to empty out the ice and let it make a new bucket full and see what happens
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

What is your question John?