Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

The power went off at my house for approx 45min. Having

Customer Question

The power went off at my house for approx 45min. Having problems with my refrigerator now. GE High Profile side by side. It is getting power because the lights come on when the door opens but the Ice/Water dispenser panel on front of the door is not working.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 14 days ago.

Can you please unplug it for at least 5 minutes and see if the panel comes back to life?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok will unplug now
Expert:  Kelly replied 14 days ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
unplugged for 5 min. still not working
Expert:  Kelly replied 14 days ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag should be high on a side wall or on the ceiling in the refrigerator section.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Model # GFF23WSTA SS Serial # HM400679
Expert:  Kelly replied 14 days ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 14 days ago.

The main control on the back of the cabinet, shown as number 801 in the diagram at the link below, is faulty.

That control was likely damaged with the power issue. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy replacement.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!