Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Maytag Neptune Model MAH5500BWW that stops short.

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Maytag Neptune Model MAH5500BWW that stops short. the panel suggests it is all complete, but when I open the door, the water has not drained and the fabric softener never used.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MAH5500BWW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: about 10+years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that's it
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I plan on doing the work myself.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Kelly. I'm standing by for your answer.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Press and hold the DELICATES & HEAVY SOIL keys for about 3 seconds to enter the Service Mode. Then, press the Presoak button and see if there are any diagnostic codes stored in the control, please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have the a "d" show up on the display.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Did you press the Presoak button after that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I pressed the presoak. I have the front door off as well as the front cover, exposing the motor and pump underneath. Should replace these and then try you suggestion again?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Oh, the door has to be on and closed, you can leave the front panel off, though.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, I put the door back and it is closed. I pressed the sequence as you said and pressed Presoak. What shows up is a "d" first. I used the up-down keys for the Wash/Rinse and the numbers "10" and "23" come up in addition to the "d". The front panel is still off.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Okay, don't press anything other than the first two keys I posted. It should read d on the display, meaning it is in the diagnostic cycle, does it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is displaying "d"
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

What happens if you press the SPIN key now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
While the "d" is displayed? Nothing happens.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

How about the RINSE button?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nothing. It seems that while in diagnostic mode, nothing is active except the up and down arrow keys. the last diagnostic message displayed (down key pressed until the last entry), is "10". Nothing else is active.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

That is a machine control issue, not surprising given the cycle operation. What is the serial number from your machine, please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Serial No. is A9407479EJ
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The main machine control is mounted at the top of the machine in the timer console. The control for your machine is available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I understand correctly. While in "diagnostic" mode, the functions for Spin and Rinse should work. The fact that I retrieved diagnostic code "10" as the last thing that had caused this machine to fail is of no consequence, and that I need the part you are recommending above. Did I get all this right?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Yes, in the service cycle, each of the keys I had you press should respond with a function, like the motor coming on, displaying the RPM of rotation, etc. Since it is unresponsive and that it is just shutting off, that all indicates an issue with the electronic control.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One more thing to consider. When the machine does stop in the way I initially described, we are able start it again from that point with a "quick" or "rinse" and even "spin". The problem I describes happens often, but not every single time. Sometimes, the wash goes through completely normally. Does this affect your prescribed solution?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

No, I still believe it is a machine control failure.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thank you. Since it is a few hundred dollars and a bit of a lead time, I will have to reserve judgement on your solution until it is working again. But thank you for your time and effort.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you.