Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Kenmore ultra dishwasher model 15951. Won't start. No lights

Customer Question

Kenmore ultra dishwasher model 15951. Won't start. No lights come on the panel. There is some water left in the bottom of dishwasher from last cycle. Could it be a blown thermal fuse?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The model number you listed is not a good model number, open the door on the dishwasher and look for a tag on the door frame of the dishwasher it will have the model number and serial number listed on it, I will need that model number. Soon as I get that information I will get your answer ready as soon as possible, thanks.

here are some possible locations the tag may be located - click here

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
model 665 #15951793
serial FJ2532056

Thanks for that information, give me just a few minutes to look at your model, thanks.

There is thermal fuse inside the control panel between the L1 door switch and the control board, that fuse is likely bad, if not the board will need to be replaced. The replacement fuse is listed below:

Dishwasher Thermal Fuse Kit

Part #: 675813 - click here

here is a video that shows how to replace the fuse - click here for video

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

********************************************************************************

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.