Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

I have a maytag model MER6770AAQ double oven stove and have

Customer Question

I have a maytag model MER6770AAQ double oven stove and have a problem with the front right duel element heating coil. I could not get the heating element to turn on the high setting, would only work on the center low side. I purchased a new duel element switch and when I plug in the stove it shorts out and burns out the new switch. I purchased a second switch but afraid to plug the stove in, how can I check to see if there is still a short at the plug end.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 20 days ago.

I am sorry that my reply never came through I sent this to you earlier and never heard back and I came over to check on you and noticed my reply did not post. It sounds like the problem may be with the limiter switch on the burner you can see what I am talking about on page 3 of this diagram

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
How can I check the limiter switch to see if it is shorted and if there is a short what kind of continuity should I have at the three prong power plug.