Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

GM...we removed the agitator from the ge washer and the

Customer Question

GM...we removed the agitator from the ge washer and the drive bell coupler will not come off after removing the Rudy bolt... Per other videos it should just come off
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: after removing the rusty bolt
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would say going on 10 yrs...or very close
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Replaced a belt that was torn
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The coupling is slipped down over the drive shaft splines. It has likely become stuck over time. Spray WD40 in the top hole and allow it to penetrate for a few minutes and see if it will loosen the coupling.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok..thank u...we will try it
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

If ti will not loosen, you can easily use a cold chisel to split the bell coupling and then replace it. I will get you a link to it. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!