Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Maytag front load washer, it gave me an error code

Customer Question

i have a Maytag front load washer, it gave me an error code that was not getting water, I turned water on. But before I did that I unplugged it because it sounded like a motor was running. I cam back and plugged it in, now, there is no lights on except the lock light and the motor is still running.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2-3 years it is a maxima direct drive
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'd like to, I would assume its just a reset, but I havent been able to find anything
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 21 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 21 days ago.

This is an easy fix! The washer has to time out, so plug it in and let it run and it will reset. It may take up to 30 minutes, but it will reset.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
ok, i was concerned that the motor would burn up, so I'm good to do that?
Expert:  Kelly replied 21 days ago.

There is no way to manually clear that error, so once it has timed out, you will be all set! The motor you hear is just the pump. It is water cooled and will not be harmed. The water never goes all the way out, there is always water at the pump motor.

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!