Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Sure! I recently cleaned the refrigerator in a side by side

Customer Question

Sure! I recently cleaned the refrigerator in a side by side freezer fridge. Then, over the next couple of days, the freezer got warmer and warmer. I used the control panel to make it colder, but it did not work. I pulled everything out, took out the rear panel and it was a block of ice. I defrosted it with a hair drier. Now, when I plug it back in, the control panel is blank and the compressor does not turn on!
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: GE sxs-25/22/20
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was hoping to. This seemed to just be a defrosting job - but now the control panel is blank, despite "Resetting" it (by unplugging for a minute at a time).
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that those are all the pertinent details. Everything was working. We cleaned the fridge (possibly with the door open too long). The freezer did not work well after that and got worse. After 2 days, the evaporator coils were frozen solid - and now that it is defrosted, the control panel is blank, and the compressor does not kick in.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Are the cabinet lights coming on when the doors are opened?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Lights are wor*****, *****.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
typing is fine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thank you. Do you hear a fan running in the freezer or anything running at all?

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Inside the refrigerator section is the model tag. It is usually high on a side wall or or on the ceiling. May I please have the model number from that tag?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. I don't her a fan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Looking for it now
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
GSH25JFTA WE
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK. Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 801 is the main control board, mounted on the back of the cabinet.

CLICK HERE

That control will need to be replaced. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy replacement.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thankd
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Absolutely my pleasure, thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please do not keep asking me for a rating. you did not tell me anything i did not already see on the web, and directed me to an over-priced web site. until I receive the replacement piece, how can i rate you above Google? if i get another nag-a-gram, my opinion will have to be based on the improvements that i have experienced to date. if the outplacement part has not arrived, then zero improvement, and zero value from you.