Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Taking the bolt out of the wash plate of a Samsung top load

Customer Question

Taking the bolt out of the wash plate of a Samsung top load washer is it counter clockwise or clockwise
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Two years old model WA422PRHDWR/AA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes on it now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am replacing the dampers and inner basket because the basket seperated
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The bolt is just counter clockwise. Just pop off the center cap on the center of the wash plate, and then you need a socket set to remove the bolt down underneath which is regular thread so you just turn it counter clockwise to remove the bolt.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The large wash nut below the wash plate comes off with an adjustable wrench and that one is reverse thread when you get to it. So you would turn that clockwise to remove.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?