Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

My stupid dryer keeps blinking check filter. Ok I took

Customer Question

My stupid dryer keeps blinking check filter. Ok I took everything apart cleaned everything then blew out the vents and it still won't go off. Now what????
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is lg and dle7177wm
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yep
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The fact that I have six loads waiting to dry?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Give me just a moment to pull up your information and I will be right with you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 17 days ago.

You may have a clogged vent line.
Which will cause the check filter light to go on sometimes.
If the air is not getting out the vent and is blocked the sensor thinks the filter is clogged.
And you will not get heat either.
Check that the flexible vent line behind the dryer is not kinked or crushed.
A simple way to check if the vent line leading out from the dryer to the out side of the house is clogged is to remove the vent line from the rear of the dryer.
If the dryer gets hot when the vent line is removed, then the clog is between there and the outside vent door.
sometimes the little door outside the house gets stuck closed due to lint build up.
Or anything can be in the vent going into wall too.

If the vent removal does not help the dryer get hot, then you know the problem is an internal problem inside your dryer.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 17 days ago.

Even if its just a partial clog it can cause partial restriction which can be enough to cause both the cool air and the filter light on some dryers.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 17 days ago.

Are you still there?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 17 days ago.

Just wanted to follow up with you to see if you have been able to look over the information I provided you?