Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool gold sears we just got it in july. every

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool gold sears we just got it in july. every time I use the oven and turn it off it keeps running for up to 15 to 20 min after I turn it off is that normal
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its a build in single oven I cant find the modle # but we just bought new in july
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: installing it yes my husband is a eletriction
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no other than that it wroks great
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

This is all 100% normal. The unit will continue to run the cooling fan motor to keep the electronics cool while the oven cools down. In fact the longer and higher temperature you use the oven, the longer the unit will stay on after you shut it off. If you cook a turkey or something at 425 degrees for 3 hours, it can stay on for as long as an hour after you turn the unit off. Nothing to worry about however.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?