Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher is not working4.5 hour delay light is on. What

Customer Question

My dishwasher is not working4.5 hour delay light is on. What it means and how to fix it
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Its whirlpool. Model # is WDF310PAAS5
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, if possible. I did not run diagnostic test cycle
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only one button is on that 4.5 hr delay
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Try to press the delay button several times until the delay cycles back to no time. If that doesn't work, flip the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. As a last attempt to reset the control board, just start a cycle with whatever delay is shown. If you have a 4 hours delay just give the washer 6 or 7 hours to run and if it won't run and it won't cycle and and reset when done, you need to replace the control board inside the dor. Below is a link to the part if you need to order and replace it.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?