Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Kenmore Stove 790.92202014 is flashing a F71 error code. I

Customer Question

Kenmore Stove 790.92202014 is flashing a F71 error code. I tried the power disconnect solution and it did not work. I read that the problem could be a bad EOC ?? Does that sound right?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

So you are correct that F71 is an issue with the EOC. If you have already tried to unplug the unit and that didn't reset the issue, the display control board will need to be replaced (also known as the EOC). Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?