John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a kitchenaid model KSSC36FJS00 side by side

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid model KSSC36FJS00 side by side commercial style. There is no dispenser in the door, however, we have an ice maker in the freezer. There is no water going into the ice maker. We replaced the complete unit and still no water. Also in addition, the timer in the upper unit seems to get to the defrost stage and tuns the main power off to the refrigerator. We have to toggle the on/off switch and turn the timer just passed the click to get the refrigerator working again. After several hours, we have to do the same thing over.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The fridge is about 11 years old, and it is the Kitchen Aid model KSSC36FJB00 (w/stainless steel)
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: for sure
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have replaced the timer also, thinking it was a contact, but same problem
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 16 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Have you checked to see if the fill tube to the icemaker is frozen up with water?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
From outward appearance it seems ok, but is there a techniques to checking it?

Use a mirror and flashlight and look up in the port or if you can squeeze the tube and see if it is hard

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
is it just the tube that sticks into the tray about an inch long?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.