Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 2005 Frig. range. I accidentally hit the oven lock

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Frig. range. I accidentally hit the oven lock button and w/o thinking I yanked the door open. Now, I can't get it unlocked and don't know what to try.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: It is a Frig model GLEF379DSD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, we just want to know how to get it unlocked
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is there not any way to get it unlocked?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

This should be a fairly easy issue to fix. You just need to trick the oven into thinking the door is shut. Open the door and locate the door/light switch at the top of the oven cavity. Tape this switch in. Not start a self clean cycle if it'll let you and cancel it after 2 minutes. The latch should unlock. If not, then keep the door switch taped in and unplug the range or flip the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds. Re-apply power and then you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.