Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Tried to open the door after it was locked and the door

Customer Question

tried to open the door after it was locked and the door locked red button won't goff sothe door wil ioen.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: whirlpool duet model wfw87fe
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I would like to get the door open or get it started to wash the clothes that are in it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i am not sure if any water had stated to come into the machine, i had dropped a piece of clothing and thought i could add it quickly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

First, let's make sure the control panel isn't locked. In the bottom right corner of your control panel there is a control lock button. Press and hold this button for 5 seconds to see if the control panel will unlock allowing you to use the washer again. If not, then unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If you still have problems, you'll need to manually unlock the door. You need to pull the washer forward, unplug the washer, and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.