Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Ge range pb975dp2bb oven did not work changed main logic

Customer Question

Ge range pb975dp2bb oven did not work changed main logic board now nothing works have code f760 which means change logic board ?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 21 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Yes that error code means Main Logic Board internal touch key chip signal error and does require the replacement of the board, sounds like you got a bad board, even if bought new, you need to return it because its bad.

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Changed board as you said now back to range top works ovens do not no code on display
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 17 days ago.

ok whatever happened to the main board in the first place also tripped the thermal cutout on the rear of the range that cuts power to the ovens if the temperature gets to hot in the oven. It located mounted on the back of the upper oven behind the panel, the oven has to be removed from the wall the change it out.

The part is :

Thermal Control Runaway

Part #: WB24T10105 - click here

Please remember to rate the answer as you have yet to do so it will still be open for you to ask any follow up questions you may have even after you have rated the answer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Joel. Finally received and installed t.c.o. Part wb24t10105 as you recommended. $100.00 for part (non refundable) $28.00 tech time (non refundable) and ovens still do not work ??????? Turn oven on panel lights up here solenoid click lights and oven go off within 10 seconds