Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a dishwasher model KUDS01VMSS7 that is flashing

Customer Question

I have a dishwasher model KUDS01VMSS7 that is flashing 7blinks in the clean button. Whats that mean?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: How do I run a diag. test?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Like what?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The clean light flashing 7 times is an error code indicating an issue with the wash temperature. If the control does not detect a 4*F temperature rise in the main wash cycle, it will display the fault as the clean light flashing 7 times. There are several things that could cause the water not to heat, including the water being too hot coming in, an open door switch, or a faulty component in the heater circuit. The most common cause is the door switch not closing properly. This can be due to a loading issue or a latch issue. If upon visual inspection of the heating element no obvious defects are found, I would recommend resetting the control and running another cycle, paying close attention to door closure. If the light begins flashing again, you likely have a component failure. The heat circuit consists of several components including the element, control, door switch and tub thermostat(s).

To reset the control, press the following buttons within 5 seconds...

HI TEMP--AIR DRY--HI TEMP--AIR DRY

After all of the lights come on, allow about 30 seconds to pass and then open the door. Is the heating element warm to the touch?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for the tip. The door has been popping open lately.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

That is likely the issue then, excellent! You may need a new latch or hinges, but I suspect you will be up and running after a reset!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks but no thanks. The buttons you said to press for resetting are not on this model. I will try to find someone who knows my model.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

That is for your model....it may say Energy Saver Dry instead of Air Dry.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi Temp Scrub and Energy Saver Dry are the button names on your model....