Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

My samsung model Rb1944sl refrigurator .the top blue light

Customer Question

My samsung model Rb1944sl refrigurator .the top blue light and fan are getting no per I replaced the Programe board but that didn't fix it what is the problem
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. So what exactly is happening?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have a samsung Rb1944sl refrigerator . The fan and blue light on in side top refigurator part won't work another repair man told me replace program board I did and it still don't work. There not getting power why?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 18 days ago.

Have you checked to make sure everything is wired correctly? Sometimes its easy to miss.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It was working fine one morning got up and temp. On top wasn't the right temp checked and fan and blue light out on back panel but top light work seems the outlet you plug them into is getting nothing. One guy told me to replace the board that the problem was there I did and made no diff.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 18 days ago.

It sounds like a wiring may possibly off.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I'm not paying more money when so far no one has helped me nothing was touched it was working fine exempt for the blue light and fan went out so how is a wire lose is this a joke or real I don't have time for someone's fun and at my ex Spence
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 18 days ago.

No this is not a joke if the site offered you the phone call that was not from me that is an automated thing because some customers prefer to do troubleshooting over the phone. I did not send it to you and I am unavailable for a call anyway. You said you replaced the board did this problem occur right after replacing or had the new board been on for a while and then happened?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No this happened before I replaced the Programe board old like new can't see nothing wrong with it but put the new board inn and nothing changed
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The add for a live call that's not you?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sorry didn't mean to insult you it just I've been played to many times and all I want is to fix my one around here will fix samsung
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 17 days ago.

I understand sorry we had some bad weather come through that was affecting the internet I am back. Give me a few minutes to run through your manual to see what else can cause this besides the board. The phone call is an automatic offer from the site but its not something I personally sent so is all good. Give me a few to figure out some information for you. I will be right back.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 17 days ago.

I think after carefully going over all of your information and speaking to another tech at samsung your problem lies in the fan itself. I wanted to be sure before sending you this information but you are going to need to replace the fan in order for this problem to be fixed. I am sorry because I am sure this is the not the information you wanted to hear but I just wanted to ensure I had it right before letting you know. If you found this information helpful please rate with 5 stars at the top so I can be credited for my time. Thank you for bearing with me also during the bad weather.