John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Kenmore 110.28002010 washer I am having trouble

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore 110.28002010 washer I am having trouble with. First of all I need a wiring diagram to take me through some of the avenues to see what is wrong. I had to replace the lid lock switch because it would not work. Now the unit just acts like it wants to start, but won't -- keeps humming. I have it off as to not burn up the motor. I have checked the capacitor and it is fine.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Not for sure maybe 8 -10 years. It was given to me last year. They had replaced a motor in it already and it has been working fine. Model 110.28002010 Serial CO3331574
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No --- my brother does appliance repair and is coming to assist me. He told me to make sure I had the wiring diagram as that would help tremendously.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not unless you have any suggestions to follow with the diagram. I need to see if I can get it from you by downloading -- he is coming this weekend.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 15 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can you tell where the humming is coming from?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The motor

can you rotate the motor stator by hand?

And are you seeing any error codes or blinking lights on the console?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I had asked for the wiring diagram to help go through the steps to find the issue. Where/how can I get to find this. Yes I can rotate the motor by hand -- no error codes or blinking lights were showing.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Are you still there?????

ok the units technical data sheet is in the console.

That has the diagnostics and the wire diagram .

Here is a attachment of the wire diagram .

yes I`m here but you are not my ONLY customer that I`m assisting

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am sorry --- did not know you were with other people. I will just call back to Sears and see what they can do. Didn't mean to bother you.

ok that is up to you!!