Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

If the task to fix it is a simple one, I can do it with my

Customer Question

If the task to fix it is a simple one, I can do it with my husband. If not I will call my electrician/plumber
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

If the latch is locked and the door is open, you need to start by allowing the oven to cool down. Once it's room temperature again, try to reset the latch. You just need to trick the door into thinking that it's shut. So open the door and locate the door/light switch around the frame of the oven. Push the door switch in and hold it so that the oven thinks the door is shut. Now just start a self clean cycle and wait 60 seconds. Then cancel the self clean cycle and the door lock should open. At that point you can let go of the light switch and the oven should work normally.

As for burnt control knobs because the door was not locked shut, you can just order new knobs at or if you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.