Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Panasonic microwave oven inside just on the other

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic microwave oven inside just on the other side of the light is a opening with apiece of foil looking card board over it . my grand daughter put something in the oven which got over heated this piece piece becomecrumbley and fell apat.Is it a danger to continue using the oven without it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

That silver card board is called a wave guide. Without that part in place, microwaves can go back into the magnetron cavity and arc if too many build up. You will want to replace that part to fix the issue. You can order sheets of this stuff and cut them to size if you trace around the old cover. Below is where you can order it form Walmart for less than $10.

CLICK HERE for wave guide cover material

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?