Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an LG LFX25960ST just put a new relay and compositor

Customer Question

I have an LG LFX25960ST just put a new relay and compositor on there also. So when I plug it in the I wait for the compressor to come on. it comes on then runs then go off. What is going on?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately your compressor is overloading. If you put a new relay start kit on the side of the compressor and it continues to overload, the piston inside the compressor is just jammed and the only way to fix the issue at this point is to replace the entire compressor which costs abut $650 I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?