Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

On the old control board the 5v appears at the output of the

Customer Question

On the old control board the 5v appears at the output of the Power Supply on the PCB but not at the edge connect (Ribbon cable) to the front panel. Before the dryer died completely the dryer would work for a couple of weeks then have beeping sounds then quit for a couple of days. Turning the power off and on (overnight) did not reset the problem. With the new board there is 5v internal to the board but not at the edge connector. two boards are unlikely to behave the same way so it must be the front panel telling the computer on the control board to disconnect??? but whats causing the 5v to disappear
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 20 days ago.

The power button on the user interface may be stuck or shorted causing it to turn itself off constantly. The interface will need to be replaced. If you need to respond back please respond to this question instead of starting a new one, you now have two open questions. Thanks.

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

I am not compensated unless you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Kent-cssm replied 19 days ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 19 days ago.

Once you have seen the answer let me know if you have any further questions, thanks.