Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

GE® 7.5 cu. ft. capacity frontload dryer with steam

Customer Question

GE® 7.5 cu. ft. capacity frontload dryer with steam GFDS175EH0DG Lights come on and all looks good except the drum will not start? The last two times it did start the drum ran for 3 seconds and then quit working???? I have run thru all the fault codes and tests and it shows nothing wrong. I did replace the Thermistor Outlet cntr WE3M336 as I read on the internet that might be it - but it was not... There is a clicking noise behind the dial on the control panel every time I hit start but no drum movement?? Help
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 18 days ago.

The clicking you are hearing behind the controls is the motor relay on the control board that sits behind the user interface, that relay is bad and the board will have to be replaced.

Dryer Electronic Control Board

Part #: WE04X21166- click here

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

I am not compensated unless you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I got the part in the mail today, have installed it and I continue to have the exact same problem. It turns on and when I try to start it the drum does not turn it just makes a clicking noise behind the board. Additional thoughts
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Joel, so I got the part you suggested today in the mail and have installed it and the exact same thing is continuing to happen there's a clicking behind the board and the drum will not turn on on the dryer. Additional thoughts?
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 12 days ago.

Ok lets put the unit into diagnostic mode and see if any errors are being reported by the computer, see directions below.
How to enter to Service mode and navigate:

From Idle State, the following key sequence must be pressed: “Volume” > “Delay” > “Volume” > “Delay” (If there are any other key presses, or keys are pressed out of order, the sequence must be started from the beginning).

Upon entering the service mode, there will be a beep and control shall be in test selection mode display beginning with test number 1 (t1).

Rotating the knob counter clockwise shall decrement the test number in the display. Rotating the knob clockwise shall increment the test numbers in the display.

rotate the knob until t04 is displayed and press start.

The control shall display the most recent error in the fault log upon entry into the display error codes test. It can store up 10 faults. If there are no errors in the fault log, then No Error Code (“000”) shall be displayed on the display. The control shall clear the displayed error from the fault log if the "Start" button is pressed during the display error codes test. When one error is cleared, the next one will be displayed.