Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I'm having trouble with LF signal on my whirlpool

Customer Question

I'm having trouble with LF signal on my whirlpool washer..... how do I fix this problem?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Washer is about 10 years old. The fault code is LF
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.... the machine was first giving me an LD fault..... then that stopped and gave me an LF fault after I had shut off the water going to the washer.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Error LF means that the washer thinks it's taking too long to fill. LD means that the washer thinks it's taking too long to drain. It's unlikely that you're actually having 2 issues but it sounds like you have a bad sensor causing the water level to not be read properly. You'll want to take the control panel apart and locate the rubber hose that goes to the control board. Disconnect the hose and blow through it to make sure it's clear. Then reconnect the hose and try the washer again. If you still get an error code when you re-apply power and try the washer again, your control board has just failed and will need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?