Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kenmore Elite washer and dryer that are on pedestal

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite washer and dryer that are on pedestal drawers. I want to remove the pedestals but can't figure it out.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

To remove the pedestals, you'll need to uninstall the washer and dryer completely and unplug them. Then you need to pull the drawers out all the way. There are plastic locking levers on the back of the rails which are exposed when you pull the drawer all the way out. One lever pushes down and the other side pulls up. That allows you to pull the entire drawer out all the way so that just the frame of the pedestal is left. Now tip the washer or dryer on it's side slowly. Remove the bolts coming in from below the washer inside the pedestal. There should be 4 bolts one in each corner. Then the pedestal pulls off.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?