Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Maytag washer Mod#mvwc6esww1 will not start,When I turn

Customer Question

Maytag washer Mod#mvwc6esww1 will not start,When I turn timer manually to spin cycle it starts up on that cycle.No wateri nto machine
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: approx 7 years old .mod #MVWC6ESWW1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: was working fine for 2 washes 3rd wash of the day did not work,water pressure to machine is good
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

So this is a common problem with this washer and it has nothing to do with your water pressure or valves. It has to do with your sensor switch inside your control panel. The temperature sensor switch actually controls the water level and the temperature of the water. It is not a switch at all however. It's really a control board inside a switch body and the board fails and stops the washer form filling so unless you turn it to spin the washer won't do anything. Below is a link to the switch you'll need to order and replace for your model. It's located inside the control panel and it's the only switch with a small rubber hose going to it.

CLICK HERE for switch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?