Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Jean air side by side. model jsd2695kgb. dispenser display

Customer Question

jean air side by side. model jsd2695kgb. dispenser display in freezer side just started beeping and the light shows under lock/unlock. display says to hold for 3 seconds but nothing happens.
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: ok jenn air and model jsd2695kgb. i have not checked the settings. not sure how or why?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: at this point yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i can't say. it has showed "lock" before but either it reset itself or a household member reset it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately it sounds like your touch control pad on the display board started failing and the lock/unlock button is stuck which is why the unit is beeping. Try to heat up the touchpad and rub your thumb over the button to see if it'l reset. If not, then you need to replace the touch control pad. You can also try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset but if not then below is a link to the touchpad you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?