John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I bought a house with 20 year old RMC305PDB1 Whirlpool Wall

Customer Question

I bought a house with 20 year old RMC305PDB1 Whirlpool Wall Oven Microwave combo, it has only been used about 10 years due to illnesses and probate. We replaced the part that has the door latch switch bracket with the switch included. All the digital buttons on the control panel appear to work, but when press Start, all it does is beep and shows Start? in small letters. When press Cancel for more than 5 seconds, you get a code on the screen that looks like FN R1. The N is not well defined and the R has a short "leg" Below it shows LBS in small letters.
Contacted Whirlpool and did tons of research online and nobody knows what that code is. Does anyone here? Or know why changing the bracket with switch would cause this.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you tonight. Give me just a moment to go through some information for you and I will be right back with you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I sent over an offer more for the service manual so we can send this into diagnostics mode and see whats going on.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Two questions
Is this the service manual specifically for this model? Already have service manuals for similar models
Does this service manual address the error code I included?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I have a few manuals but no I do not see that code I am figuring that something is wrong with the control board and that is why its showing your code messed up.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

yes it is the service manual for your particular model with diagnostics mode and all. I was going to send over two of them.