RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

I have a Norcold refrigerator Model N821F which just stopped

Customer Question

I have a Norcold refrigerator Model N821F which just stopped working. does not work on Electric or gas. I checked voltages, AC and DC OK. Exhaust gets hot on gas, just no cooling.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: 2010 Norcold N821F
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Are there some simple things to check?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Sorry for the delay.... Normally if everything appears to be working and you are not getting any cooling on BOTH AC and LP you could have an issue with the cooling unit or thermistor.

A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked, for a rupture you might smell ammonia, see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge, for a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but no cooling on both AC and LP.... The flue canister should feel VERY HOT to the touch and the grey absorber coils should feel nice and uniform (warm) from top to bottom, no cool or very hot spots. Make sure the fridge is level.

The other issue is the thermistor, it can be checked with a volt meter to see if it is working properly. Click HERE and see page 20. IF you do not have a volt meter what you can try to do is leave that connector disconnected, when you do that it should default to full cooling, if it cools off then you know the thermistor is the issue.

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping out.. Robert