Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I got a whirlpool washer front lower put in my fourth load

Customer Question

I got a whirlpool washer front lower put in my fourth load and lock light is flashing and can not get any other buttons to work how do I clear it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I have had washer about 24 hours
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: W10656458B or W10656459B-SP
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The flashing lock light means that the washer is in flood mode. You'll hear the drain pump running as well because the pump will run constantly for 15-30 minutes and the door will remain locked until the flood mode has exited. Just plug the washer in and let it run it's course and finish the sequence. Once it's done the door will unlock and you can select a new cycle. Unplugging the washer early will reset the 30 minute timer.

Now flood mode is entered if the washer takes more than 6 minutes to fill the tub so you need to make sure the washer is getting good pressure from both hot and cold water lines. If that checks good, then possibly the load was too large and just soaked up a lot of water. Otherwise if the issue comes back you may need to replace the electronic water valve since it's restricting the water flow and the washer isn't filling fast enough.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?