Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The paint has come off of the bottom floor along the runner

Customer Question

The paint has come off of the bottom floor along the runner groove of the turn table of the microwave oven. Is this a problem and how can it be retified?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So this is a problem because if the microwave build up enough, it can start reacting to the metal below the paint. You will need to sand down the areas where the paint is worn down and then paint the areas with microwave cavity paint. Below is a link to where you can order microwave cavity paint if you don't know of one.

CLICK HERE for microwave cavity paint

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?